Institute for Liberal Arts & Interdisciplinary Studies
สล็อตฟรีเครดิต ถอนได้ _คาสิโนไลฟ์_วิธี สุ่ม แจ๊ ค พอ ต สล็อตscr888_แจก เครดิต ทดลอง เล่น ฟรี _แจก user ทดลอง เล่น ฟรี ถอนได้
Participating Faculty: Miranda Banks (VMA), Catherine D’Ignazio (JR), J. Craig Freeman (VMA), Linda Gallant (CS), Eric Gordon (DMC Faculty Advisor, VMA), Brooke Knight (VMA), Paul Mihailidis (MC), Russell Newman (IN), Vincent Raynauld (CS), Sarah Zaidan (VMA).
The minor offers students the opportunity to acquire a deeper understanding of how digital technologies are transforming society and culture. Participatory cultures are emerging through games and social media, and whole new modes of interaction are being crafted online, whether it’s a game, social media site, or mobile application. From the disruption of established industrial models to the creation of new social norms, this minor asks students to create and analyze digital media that directly engages in this transforming and transformative culture.
For the Digital Media & Culture minor, at least 16 credit hours in designated courses are required.
DMC minors have the opportunity to work on projects and collaborate with faculty on research at the Engagement Lab, an applied research and design lab at Emerson College devoted to understanding and cultivating a just, participatory democracy for a digital age. DMC minors also have the opportunity to participate in the Salzburg Academy on Media & Global Change, a three-week summer project that gathers young people from over 30 countries around the world to collaboratively build media responses to some of the biggest problems facing society today.
- IN 206 - Introduction to Digital Media and Culture
For the remaining 12 credits, students may choose from the following courses, at least one of which must be at the 300 or 400 level:
(For additional classes, check the semester registration listings)
- IN 112?-? Communication Revolutions
- IN 113?-? Behind the Scenes: Media Makers & Media Making
- IN 216?-? Topics in Digital Media and Culture**
- IN 224?-? Souls for Sale: The Sales Effort, from Snake Oil to Dividual Selves
- IN 333?-? Power and Public Spheres
- IN 334?-? Code: Culture and Practice
- IN 336?-? It's Not Paranoia If They're Really After You
- IN 410?-? Digital Media and Culture Lab
- IN 411?-? Civic Media in Action
- CC 304?- Strategic Digital Communication*
- CC 360?- Social Media and Politics
- EC 310 - Internet Economics and Digital Media*
- JR 324?-? Data Visualization*
- VM 260 -?Introduction to Interactive Media*
- VM 270 -?Introduction to Game Design*
- VM 303 - Studies in Digital Media and Culture*
- VM 375?- Advanced Interactive Media*
**Check current course listings for specific topics